Ok, I've done it...I've hit the wall. I'm soooo many days behind on my journal and my photo project has come to a screeching halt.
The fact that the house is a DISASTER and I think the baby is getting sick is not helping my frame of mind either. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a new day and I can pick myself up, dust myself off and start fresh. (positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts...)
I love to be inspired, and I'm the kind of person that looks for it. Especially since I am/was a photographer, I'm always looking at things in different ways, trying to *see* things that will inspire me (and others). I look for inspiration everywhere-the clouds, my girls laughter, a song, antique shops, a shadow...it doesn't take much! One of my favorite forms of inspiration are quotes-I love them. A good one will stay with me for years~just the power of it and how I can relate it to my life sometimes gets me through really rough times. Almost like a friend sitting on my shoulder, whispering words of encouragement in my ear when I need it.

The quote for day 14 is one of those I will keep with me for a while:
"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." -James Gordon
How often have I blamed my lack of progression on lack of willpower-it's such a cop-out! I am responsible for my willpower-I am my willpower! I, in round-about excuses and lazy procrastination have chosen to not progress. This quote will ring in my ears every time I try to to give up or hesitate to start a challenge. I have to truly want to succeed and not waste my time with half-hearted efforts..I love me a great quote*!*
Thanks Rhonna*!* (and James Gordon:)
Day 15:
"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." -Plato
I think this quote describes my journey thus far...slowly but surely. I'm not going to beat myself up over the speed of my progress-at least I'm moving forward right? :)
Tomorrow is another day.....
I love to be inspired, and I'm the kind of person that looks for it. Especially since I am/was a photographer, I'm always looking at things in different ways, trying to *see* things that will inspire me (and others). I look for inspiration everywhere-the clouds, my girls laughter, a song, antique shops, a shadow...it doesn't take much! One of my favorite forms of inspiration are quotes-I love them. A good one will stay with me for years~just the power of it and how I can relate it to my life sometimes gets me through really rough times. Almost like a friend sitting on my shoulder, whispering words of encouragement in my ear when I need it.
The quote for day 14 is one of those I will keep with me for a while:
"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." -James Gordon
How often have I blamed my lack of progression on lack of willpower-it's such a cop-out! I am responsible for my willpower-I am my willpower! I, in round-about excuses and lazy procrastination have chosen to not progress. This quote will ring in my ears every time I try to to give up or hesitate to start a challenge. I have to truly want to succeed and not waste my time with half-hearted efforts..I love me a great quote*!*
Thanks Rhonna*!* (and James Gordon:)
"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." -Plato
I think this quote describes my journey thus far...slowly but surely. I'm not going to beat myself up over the speed of my progress-at least I'm moving forward right? :)
Tomorrow is another day.....
2 comments:
DLN...Is that your artwork??? I love it who ever did it....
Please don't be so hard on yourself....(we can talk about this later)......but using grace and forgiveness on ourselves is not copping out....it is God's kind of wisdom.....when our plates are full and we are taking care of priorities in proper order....some desires are set on the back burner but that doesn't mean we turn off the heat and let it go cold....it will be there later...warm and ready to go....L E&A DOA
Isn't it funny how Rhonna's quotes seem to hit the nail on the head just when we need them? Keep thinking positively and relax....you will make it to your goal in your own time.
Post a Comment