Sunday, January 6, 2008

*A Deck Of Me*~ Come join our Decked Out Dames!

I'm inviting you all to join:


A Deck Of Me ~ 2008 *!*

I sent (and gave out) a deck of cards out to all of my friends With this attached:

52 cards in a deck
52 weeks in a year
Coincidence?

Well...yeah probably.
But what a cute little coincidence it is!

These cards are for you to create a mini journal of sorts for 2008. Just hear me out here~this is going to be fun.

This is not like a regular journal {which I hope you have already}. Every week {on Monday} I will give you a prompt/topic to write about, sketch about, make your own little masterpiece about, whatever your little heart desires...all on your tiny little 2 1/2" X 3 1/2" canvas. Scared?...Don't be! Once a week~a half an hour {maybe more, maybe less-totally up to you}~both sides of a playing card...how hard can it be?
I want all of you strong, wonderful, beautiful, creative {oh yes you are}, ladies to take just a tiny moment for yourselves each week to find that little artist, that little bit of whimsy bouncing around in there {oh yes, it's there}, and let it out! At the end of 52 weeks...A deck of you!

OK, I'll stop there and give more info if you declare yourself "IN".
I know this is SOOOOO not up some of your alleys~this is NOT a big deal...just a tiny little something to help expand your horizons a bit and give that right side of your brain a kick in the pants.
And hey, if you end up just playing Go Fish or Slap Jack {Holy cow, remember playing Slap Jack as a kid? That NEVER ended well did it?}
with them that's okay too~really.

Let me know if you're on board ASAP...if you don't, I'll just sit here in front of the computer wondering....for hours....seriously.........

Here are some links to blogs of ladies who just completed their decks from last year. These ladies are crazy {in a VERY good way} crafty, and talented so please don't be intimidated...I just want you to get a feel for what it's all about. Just a little thought provoking, artsy-ish fun!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/minetothine/sets/72157594558331892/

http://queendebbee.blogspot.com/search/label/Deck%20of%20Me%20Challenge

http://scrappinjenny.blogspot.com/search/label/Deck%20of%20Me%20Challenge

http://embers.typepad.com/photos/mini_art_journal/index.html

Can't wait to hear from you!
Tons of Love,
Dianna

**So come along and join the crafty goodness and fun...

You KNOW you want to!**

leave me a comment and I'll fill you in!


Prompt/Topic for week #1: Goals for 2008 {the word "resolution" makes my skin crawl!}
* Just a quick update (I should of thought of this before...)
~ if you'd like to join in the fun leave me your email address...THANKS! :)

116 comments:

Amy said...

helloo sunshine! I posted my first card to flickr!

Christi said...

i'm debating...i tried this last year and i think that i only made it to week 8 and that was before i had the baby to keep up with... let me see if i can come up with a do-able format/plan...smiles!

Kelly said...

You know I'm going to give it a try but I don't have the creative gene that most have. BOTH sides of the card?? I guess I thought it was one. Hmm, already thinking of what to do. Will start it tomorrow! Long day at work today and soccer tonight.

Jeanne said...

I saw this last year and loved the idea. I may try it since it's the start of a brand new year! The Valentine Swap should be a lot of fun. Glad you signed up!

Casii said...

I'm in and ready to go with it!

Carolyn said...

Hi Dianna I would love to do your challenge. I heard about this from Amy's blog, and I did Emily challenge last year, and really would like to do another challenge like this. If you need to you can contact me at Macbeth423@aol.com

jessi said...

Sounds like a great challenge to a non-artist (me). I'm in!

dianna said...

We'd love to have you Jessi!
Leave your email address here and we'll get you started*!*

jessi said...

My email: 30jessi60@comcast.net

RobinDiane said...

I found this challenge at Amy's blog and it looks like fun. Count me in.

Melissa said...

This sounds great!! I'm in!!

RobinDiane said...

Thank you for the comment about my daughter. my email address is morganrobin@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

Hi! I heard about this from Amy - can I play? My email is lisa.sealey@irememberwhen.com
Thanks!

~Bry~ said...

I am in! bry.b@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to do this! What a great bit of creativity every week. Great idea! TFS! :) scrapsoup@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

What a cool idea! I'm in and here is my email......

irw2scrap@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Heard about this from Amy too. . I would love to try as well. =) jessica@myirw.com

Thanks!

AmyLin said...

What a great idea! I'd love to participate~ although I'm sure instead of "keeping up", I'll be "catching up"! But I want to try!
*Another IRW Amy here!!
Thanks!
masterscrapper@msn.com

lura said...

Hi, I've never done a challenge like this before - not sure if I'll be able to keep up - but it sounds like fun...count me in...

dancemaniac13@yahoo.com

Thanks!

weacat said...

Deck me. I'm in!

tweaver1@wi.rr.com

Rachel said...

I definitely want to join!!

Email: Lv2stamp@chibardun.net

Rene said...

I think I'd like to join this! It looks like a lot of fun...now I just need to remember to buy a deck of cards today...haha

lewisrene at hotmail dot com

(spelled it out so the email sniffers don't get it)

lv2scpbk said...

Count me in! I seen your post on bigpicturescrapbooking on the "LOAD" project.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dianne!

What an awesome challenge! I would love to participate!

My email addy is: creationsbydeanna@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for coordinating something sooo motivational yet not overly time consuming!

Take care... Deanna

Anonymous said...

I'd like to join in, please e-mail me! amys_prints@yahoo.com

Jeanne Ann said...

I just heard about your project on one of the BPS mb's, and since this is my year to really try and stretch my creativity I am thinking I would like to join in.
Soundslike fun!

Jeanne Ann said...

Duh, you can email me at:
cowluvnscrapper@gmail.com

Gotta go find a deck of cards!

Jenn said...

I also heard about this on the LOAD message board at BPS. Please sign me up!! weluv2dance@juno.com

Anonymous said...

count me in please...janp@ptd.net

Anonymous said...

I'd love to join in please! email is amandatonylewis@hotmail.co.uk

Amy said...

What a great idea. Count me in. Another IRW Amy - weber815@sbcglobal.net

Shirley Pando said...

I'm in! shirley@scrapbookandpaper.com

Thanks! :D

Shannon said...

I am in! I will try, really try to keep up!

skindacat@comcast.net

ddinak said...

I'd love to join. I may already be behind but that's not knew! ddinak@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I just heard about this on Big Picture Scrapbooking :) This sounds great I've got some decks I bought to alter and haven't doen anything with!

Ziggy

dianna said...

Ziggy,
Just need an email address so I can "hook you up"...
wow~did I just sound hip?....um...probably not.

mary field said...

I stumbled across your blog and thought this looked like fun. Count me in! field4@roadrunner.com

Bonnie said...

I love this idea!! Small and manageable. Please send details to Bonniejh@aol.com

lv2scpbk said...

You wanted my email. Here it is:
knock3xs@hotmail.com Thanks.

Ziggyeor said...

ziggyeor@yahoo.com

Donna said...

Hi Dianna
I would like to try this challange. I have not done one to this degree I hope to keep up. LOL

dianna said...

Hey Donna!
Just need your email to get you started~happy you're here ma'am*!*
:)

Ziggyeor said...

opps well I got the 2 e-mails for the flicker but I hit empty on my bulk folder before seeing one had A Deck of Me on there :p

Melissa said...

My cards are up on my blog! :)

madelineas said...

I would like to give this a whirl
shadanzak2@bellsouth.net

Thanks

Anonymous said...

I would love to play - if Casii can do it, I can do it!

Donna said...

Hi Dianna
My email address would help. dmcanepari@optonline.net

Debbie said...

I know I am coming in late, but would love to give this a try. It looks and sounds like a lot of fun.

Jerri junque said...

Okay I am in.
I believe you have my e-mail addy. And I am going to send this to a friend or two.
Jerri

Jana said...

Sign me up.
This is great.
jdeegs@cox.net

Unknown said...

I would like to join your "Deck of Me" group.


Looking forward to doing this project.

Donna

Unknown said...

looks like we have two Donna's so I will use donnaS

my email address is alacrafter@mchsi.com

Quetta said...

I am very interested in your "A Deck of Me" challenge. Look forward to do this for ME!! My name is Jacquetta my email is aznativex4@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I'll jump in too, looks like fun! :)
ltottle@shaw.ca

Donna said...

I just wanted to pop in before bed to say HI. I have my deck of cards all ready to go and I hope to catch up this weekend.

Jennie said...

Since Madeline and Kim are on board, I better tag along. Otherwise I'll never hear the end of it. So sign me up, please. Plus it just sounds cool.

Jennie said...

Left a message but no email. I'm a dork. jenniepak@msn.com.
sorry and thanks

Anonymous said...

Hello Diana. I am a friend (or #two) of jerri's from Jerri's junque and i am in. Jerri is a scrap- pusher and has gotten me hooked. Send the info and let's see what I find out about me from doing this project! - Jen T.

Btidwell@Otelco.net

Melissa said...

I stopped over here by way of lv2scpbk's (Barb's) blog. I have never seen this before and LOVE the idea! I would like to participate if I could. My email is audsmom@gmail.com

Thanks so much!

Angie at Home said...

Okay... my sister Melissa.... right up me there... mentioned this on her blog... so I want to participate too.

My email is angiedasner@yahoo.com

Thanks

Anonymous said...

I would like to play along. I'll be using my 7 Gypsies ATC holder to do mine!

Anonymous said...

I forgot - my email address is maflam@aol.com

Unknown said...

Because I just don't have enough thing to get done, I thought I should add ONE more too the list!! HA HA! Anyway I would like to try this, it looks fun! CDewater@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I just found out about this...from Caffinated Cropper by way of ScrapHappy Lain...

Am I too late?

jori@choral8.com

Scrappytbear said...

Fun! Im in!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm thinking that this might actually be something I can do . . . I would love to join in!

My email is kristendavisburns@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Lucy Filet said...

Amy sent me:). I'd love to join you in the "deck of me challenge". I'm kind of busy with the LOAD challenge and my son's birthday this week, but hopefully I can catch up. My email is edhrncir at hotmail dot com. (spambots, argh!)

dianna said...

Scrappytbear,
Just need your email address so we can email you some stuff and get you started...
Glad you're here*!*

Kristan said...

Ooooohhhh! I'm not too late am I? I'd love to play, too.

KristanA@aol.com

Rose said...

Can i be in too??? I'll catch up :-) pretty please
Thanks

Miranda said...

I would love to join in. My email address is mirandatom.hodgson@shaw.ca

Melinda said...

well I am coming in behind on this challenge but I would like to do it. I may have to play catch up for the first few weeks....

my email is ohplease.melinda@gmail.com

Melinda said...

my TWO sisters are participating as above.....melissa and seekingsimplicity...

I heard about this from melissa

Newfie Princess said...

Hello, I would love to be a part of this challenge. Count me in!

Newfie Princess said...

Oops, forgot to give you my email:

hunttamra@gmail.com

Thanks!

bebblady said...

Just learned of "A Deck of Me".I'm interested. Count me in !
bebblady@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I would like to try. My email is sherig30@yahoo.ca

Rose said...

I forgot my email Rogrady5@yahoo.com

Colleen said...

OK, I know I'm a little behind already, but this sounds like fun! Count me in!

col12@hotmail.com

Donna said...

I have card #1 done and the quote for card #2. I hope to finish both and post them tomorrow

Angie at Home said...

I've posted my first 2 cards at my blog. I haven't rec'd an email to tell how to get it uploaded to the flickr group.

Thanks...

Angela

Anonymous said...

Hey, I want in , please. Am I too late? You are the bomb.:)

Anonymous said...

Redmom sent me your way! I would love to join in! youcanfindsheri@gmail.com

Melgro said...

I would love to join this challenge if it is not to late! Sounds like fun!!
Melinigrosulak@hotmail.com

Melgro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelley said...

I would love to do this as well. Is it too late to start? Already have the 1st week - goals done.
KAGregson@gmail.com

Janet said...

Rene sent me the link to your challenge. Is it too late to play?
Janet
janetw3@earthlink.net

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Count me in!

turtles27@care2.com

Teasel said...

Wonderful idea! Do you have to be a blogger?

Anonymous said...

I would love to join, if it's not too late! I learned about this from Rachel's blog.

email: chiggys75@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks!
~ Charity

Susan said...

Sounds fun - zentmrs at gmail dot com!

gardenmoon said...

I'd like to join in on the fun if I'm not too far behind. This looks like the perfect activity to enhance my collaging and Way of the Artist interests. Please send me the "assignments!"
gardenmoon12@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine sent me this info and I would like to try it, so please sign me up.
Thanks
Sandee M

Anonymous said...

I would love to join! If it's not to late! I will play catch up and try to keep up!!
Miranda
Mbrshort40@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Hello! I've been following the challenge, but never sent my email! Here it is:
princesscarrie78@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Dianna- found your blog again while going through old emails (Kelly had sent me a link). I love it & I would like to join this project if I still can:) It might take me a few weeks to catch up with little Ellie & the boys but I'd sure like to try. My email addy is bozarth@insightbb.com.

Anonymous said...

Please say it's not too late for me to join in! My baby granddaughter turns 1 next week--How fun would it be to have one side of the card about my growing, and the other about hers? Can't wait to get started....
Dee-Dee
dendmitchell@bellsout.net

Jeanne said...

OK Dianna, can't wait to get started. Here's my email address:

Jeannes1234@sbcglobal.net

daurenet said...

Is it to late to late for me to join? I would love to do this.

daurenet@hotmail.com or daurenet@gmail.com

thanks

Unknown said...

I'd LOVE to join to.... Have to get the "Canadian" numbers up :)

please send me the details! Can't wait to start!!
goscrapping@rogers.com

jenn said...

Another canuck wanting to join in late! lol Could you please send me details too!

jenn.metzger@sympatico.ca

thanx!

Anonymous said...

This is something i would like to try.

juliegrant1313@hotmail.com

Jackie Plank said...

I would like to try this.

Jackie Plank said...

I would love to try this, my email is iamkatz@gmail.com

jo-ann said...

i'm interested~ here's mmy email addy~ joannleblanc@rogers.com
thanx!

Ava Gavloski said...

I would like to try this.

ava
cottagerca@yahoo.ca

Anonymous said...

I have never seen these before! Awsome idea. I get to use up the decks missing a few cards kicking around here. I would like to participate please.

Leanne@bconnex.net

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Okay...my fellow scrappers have twisted my arm!! I will participate as much as I can...I will do my best to keep up!!!

My email addy is: amanda@inascrap.com

Cherie said...

I'd like to attempt to do this. Will you send me the past topics to do?

KimmyKimKim said...

My dd and I are going to try and catch up and then keep up!
We'll see how far we get!!!

Great idea!

KimmyKimKim said...

Forgot our email!!!
dksilva@rogers.com

Thanks Dianna! Wicked...

Anonymous said...

Please sign me up:

monodon1@hotmail.com

Thanks!

g r e t c h e n said...

heyy diana! i joined the cool kids and finally got a blog! thanks making our deck of me prompts so interesting...and your cards so cute! <3

Wolfie said...

I hope it's not too late to get in on this. Looks like great fun. I know I'm a bit behind but I can catch up fairly quickly.

firewolf@wolfiescraps.com

thanks,
Wolf

Debbie said...

Just found your site, I LOVE it.....I love the idea of your deck of me ....is it too late, or can I join in, I can get caught up...Please let me know...Thanks, Deb - changedbygrace@mvn.net
creationsbydebbiejean.blogspot.com