Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Freaking Love You People...and Baby Jesus too*!*

I swear I love you guys.

I feel a lot better after that last boo hoo post...love love love ya! And ANOTHER thing...thanks for all of the sweet comments about my little book. Deanna said I should be a designer....she is now my new best friend. BTW, how do you find out if a company is looking for designers anyway? (NOT that I am worthy...just always wondered. And while we're talking about it, do they give a hoot about people like me that just do mini books, cards, and paper crafts?) And I guess I was busted by a few that mentioned that a mini book is IN FACT a scrapbook.....hmm....I guess SO! I can say with certainty though that I will NEVER EVER make a book bigger than 8X8...although, after looking at a chipboard album that size yesterday in the store...I think that might be too big too. I am frightened by 12X12 pages, they give me the heebie jeebies...and headaches, purple spots, canker sores, cramps, joint pain, night sweats, loose stools, and sometimes my left ear lobe itches...I just can't handle it. Of course I buy them...but I cut those jokers up faster than you can say "rambling list of stupid symptoms". Y'all are braver than I...and your pages always look great.


Oops! Posted these on our site but not here.
Week 4~
Three words that describe you.






Week 5~ Advice to your 18yr old self.

Back in November I mentioned a big project I was working on. I said that when I completed it, that I would declare my mojo OFFICIALLY BACK....Well world, watch out because IT'S DONE BABY!!! I can't wait to post it...and to make more of them (especially one for myself). I made it for my Sis and Bro in Law for their 10th anniversary...and she loved it! I'm feeling pretty good...and plan to stay that way. I'm pretty sure I gonna have a little party for myself (cup of coffee on the picnic table) and invite tons of people (the girls and the dog) to join me...Yep, we're gonna have a BIG time. I'm SO excited...I'm giddy in fact. I've missed my mojo so much. I'm feeling like me again. :)


Note to Baby Jesus:
Dear Baby Jesus,
I posted about You and my family's antics at Christmastime a few days ago (but You knew that already right?). Baby Jesus, I'm worried I might have offended some folks. The way I see it, that little figurine is not You but a piece of molded resin in the shape of You. Most of the year the whole nativity set, along with the figurine of You, are stuck in a box in Mom's closet (remember her...the one who gave up her life to serve You as a nun?...don't get me wrong, I applaud her choice and all). That little figure of You is stuck in that dark, crammed box...maybe even next to the smelly donkey...for 11 months. We just assume that "You" don't just want to sit there staring at the same scenery all day after being cooped up for all that time in the box with Your folks and those know-it-all "wise guys". Our little antics bring the family together...really. The Holidays can be so stressful on everyone. It gets us laughing, gets us talking, gets us relaxed so we can enjoy each other and Your special time of year (That's what it's all about right?). And Lord knows (that's You), we could all use a little more laughter. I know You have a sense of humor...I'm living proof of that. So Baby Jesus, thanks for EVERYTHING...You rock*!*
That's Uncle Brian...................the Savior snatcher.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so glad the anniversary gift was a hit!! I know you were nervous.

On the Paper Crafts magazine website, they are always looking for submissions for various projects. I think you are more than worthy of getting something on there. How awesome would that be!?!? I'm glad you're feeling better.

j said...

Put down the coffee spiked Mountain Dew/Red Bull hunch punch and step away from the computer! GIRL, you were pure energy in this post and I love LoVe LOVE it! You are SO funny! I think Diana's got her groove back. Be sweet. Be happy. Be blessed! Jennifer

Lesli said...

Wonderful projects - I loved looking over all of them!

Lucy Filet said...

If God made us all in His image, you know He must have a sense of humor:).

Glad you got your mojo back! Now if I could find where I misplaced mine...perhaps it's with my keys.

RobinDiane said...

Oh girl...you crack me up. Did you get your hair cut? With my natural curly hair there aren't too many ways to style mine so I only cut the length about 2 inches..oh my, it is in shock now!!!
Glad you got your mojo back. I, however, have not although I did paint a small chipboard flower and put a rhinestone in the middle yesterday. Watch out now!

Amy said...

I really can not wait to see this project.. really... you could just email it to me...and you could be a designer by the way...check any companys website..but also a good place is pubcalls.com...I've been away from my computer for a few days..and I've missed you..:-)...love that pic of your brother and Delaney...I really don't think you offended anyone...I thought the story was hilarious...:-)

Carolyn said...

most of the gals i know who design for the manufactures, knew someone to get on them. A couple of them did get on some of the teams, because of their work alone, but they entered the companies contest to achieve that. So keep an eye out for those. Also if a company has a website, and a gallery that accepts outside work, submit to them, of course using their products on your project.

Carolyn said...

Oh and Uncle Brian looks perfectly normal to me... hee hee

Hope your spirit is a little lifted now, sorry to hear you were feeling a bit down.

OHmommy said...

There are so many creative people out there. I am blown away by the beautiful work everyone does.

Wow.

Seriously impressive book!

{connie} said...

hi there chica! i too have misplaced my mojo. maybe drooling over your work of aRt will help me find mine. can't wait to catch up on my cards. i am sooooo behind but, not stressing about it! *hugs*