Anywhoooo......
Barfing, emergency room (totally unrelated), and a botched beach weekend away for Hubby and I (for our 10th...you know how Diannaland is... ) along with him being out of town for the better part of two weeks....I'm hanging on to the one shred of sanity I still possess...if you look me right in the eye, my left one does a little funny, jerky dancing kind of thing...but other than that I'm alright. Oh yeah, and the voices...
So the highlight of my week was this:


Yippee~
David Cook
won*!*
Delaney thinks that the 8 times she got through on the phone must have done the job :)
Hubby was out of town (AGAIN), Mal was in bed, it was just Delaney and I and some cookie dough ice cream. We were dancing and singing all over the house like crazy people when they announced who won. We have had some fun watching this season together...how many shows can you watch with your 7 yr old that don't make you snore? (I can only take so much Hannah Montana...only because I'm totally jealous of her little fantastic life. I'm alright sitting here in my yoga pants {I don't do yoga} with my dirty hair in a knot on top of my head and a sink full of dirty dishes in the other room...really, it's ok.) Anyway, it's a show my daughter and I can watch together that I don't have to sit with my finger on the remote the whole time worrying about inappropriate content. Now the commercials...well, I wish they could do something about those, but hey, everyone has to make money. The kid asked me what feminine itch was guys....um, yeah.
My ATC's for Amy's swap:
I loved making them and loved getting everyone's even more. It was so fun to go through that envelope ~ and now I own a piece of art from all of the fantastic ladies that I've met here in blogland. Some wonderfully clever, stinking talented gals. I'll definitely do another one.
Thanks Amy*!*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm hoping now that I'm feeling better, I'll start blogging more often. It's so therapeutic in a weird sort of way you know?
(I like reading about all of you weirdos too. :)
Enjoy your long weekend everyone*!*
14 comments:
So glad you are feeling better!
I was glad that David Cook won - can't wait to see what kind of career they both have.
Thanks for coming by - nice to see you. Hope you to see you again soon - Kellan
Love your ATC! Oh, and no mail yet... but I will let you know!
And how did you know about me and Shamu??? I thought he would keep his mouth shut!
I absolutely love your card! I used embossing powder on the edges of mine to kinda weld the playing card and the cardstock together.
Well, the barfing sounds horrible...nothing worse. But at least David Cook won IDOL!!! Yipee..I am a fan of him, too.
Yes, I still am in the ATC challenge..but I think I have missed more weeks than I have done!!! Well, no pressure, right???
:D
I'm so sorry you've been sick...I've been under a rock...a working rock...anyway...thanks for your tribute to DC...I am so in love with him...I'm hanging out here on you blog for awhile so I can listen...LOL...loved your card and so glad you had fun!
I hope you are feeling better. I am so glad that David Cook won too! I think he is too cute!
I loved your ATC card! Hope you have a better week.
While I don't LOVE barfing, I prefer those to the illnesses that cause the stuff to come out the other end...
Woohoo! I wouldnt have thought David Cook would be on Project Playlist. I'm going to have to add his songs to my playlist now!!
He's on Ellen today....make sure you watch it!
Our internet was down all day yesterday...I thought I'd lose it! So glad I'm back!
love the retro images on your ATCs!
Lurves your ATC from Amy's swap!
Lurve David Cook (perhaps a bit inappropriately :D)!
Sorry you got the barfys. I'd rather be on death's edge than barf, seriously hate it. Blech!
Your ATC's were superb.
Okay, I have to ask...how did you explain feminine itch to your 7 year old?
Tee hee...I'm not making this up...I swear.
I said, "Um...well....you're a girl right?"
"Yes"
"That's where the feminine comes from."
"ok"
"You've gotten a mosquito bite before right?"
"Yes"
"It itched right?"
"Well, yes."
"There you go...feminine itch."
She *developed* an itchy spot on her arm and scratched it for the rest of the night.
I don't win any parenting awards for that one.
Oh gosh! I hope you are feeling better real soon. I hope you are able to reschedule your time away with your hubby!
I'm so sorry you got the crud too. It has hit here too. I do hope you feel better soon. Sending ya some get better vibes.
Yeah David Cook!! I was doing the happy dance here too.
Your ATC for Amy's swap was fabulous!That was a fun swap. Now I need to get busy and catch up on my Deck of Me cards. This is the crazy time of year for me at work, and there is one more week of it and I will finally be on Summer break... yeah!
Post a Comment