Monday, August 25, 2008

What a weekend...

It's amazing that we made it back in one piece.

We drove down through a tropical storm, we added a day to our little vacation, and STILL had to drive back up through the crazy thing. Add the d*mn gnome insisting on driving part of the way...it's a flipping miracle I'm here.

We stayed with some wonderful friends...who don't have kids yet. Holy h*ll y'all that always makes me nervous. We descended upon their house as only we can...in our usual horribly loud, crazy, chaotic fashion.


It can swing one of two ways in this situation~ They can either think to themselves:


A: Holy cr*p, our kids will NEVER act like that.


or


B: Yikes, look what we're in for.


Lucky for us, they are of the B way of thinking....At least that's what it seemed. H*ll, for all I know he could have gotten an emergency vasectomy this morning.


We had a great time nonetheless and the added day was nerve wrecking but nice. The guys went to the Jags/Bucs game and us girls went to a LSS for some serious shopping.


But I'm getting ahead of myself.



Okay, this is my Delaney (but you knew that). She is awesome and she reminds me everyday, in some form or fashion, to look on the bright side of any situation. This concert was her first...and she was excited to say the least. We get in the door, are directed where to go~"Past the restrooms on the left and up the escalator, honey." Ok, thank you, and we're off to find said escalator. Y'all, I should have taken a picture of this thing...it was cartoonishly steep and high. I could not see where it ended. Could. Not. So now I'm cussing under my breath about why the h*ll we took so long to buy the tickets (we bought them 2nd week of MAY), and I started giggling a bit while singing to myself..."And if you listen very hard, the tune will come to you at last (because holy h*ll, where we're headed, it's going to take the music an extra 2 min. to get to us...) ...And she's buying a stairway to heaven..." It felt like the flipping trip up to "heaven" took forever. I probably could have sung the whole 5 1/2 minutes of that song in the time it took to get to the top. We're holding hands, she's walking behind me. We get to our seats...I'm not happy. My baby girl has been SO excited about this show and her Mom and Dad got her the most ridiculous nose bleed seats there are. Ugh*!* No Mommy points for me. We're 5 rows from the top. We're in line with the stage. We can't see the huge screens. I felt like I let my girl down. I look back at her. She's smiling the biggest smile ever. "Mom, we can see EVERYTHING from up here!" ~like I purposely bought the best seats in the whole place. Her eyes were huge. Mine were misty. Good Lord I love that kid.


Here's our view. We measured...everyone was as big as our thumbnails.


Jason Castro...sheesh, can't you tell?





During intermission she also commented about how cool it was that we could see the Idols before anyone else could. We could watch them going to and leaving the stage and we could watch them get into position before rising up through the floor of the stage. My girl is awesome isn't she? I could (and will) learn a lot from her.



All in all, the concert was a great 1st concert for Delaney. I loved it too but I have to say, if I never see another group number, it'll be too soon. I know they've got to hate doing them.



David Cook TOTALLY looking at me y'all (for like the 23rd time)...

he was still being quite blase' about, ya know, the US thing.


Delaney was making me laugh because she was almost more excited about the concert than she was about

*







*









*









*









*









*




Brooke~

Delaney's fave female Idol.

She's beautiful but too skinny and I wanted to buy her a cheeseburger.

She was SUCH a doll to Delaney.

She sang "Let It Be" at the show and it was absolutely awesome.
















Jason~

Talked to EVERY person.

Such a cutie...but was wearing some funky *ss shoes.

Delaney said his hair touched her neck and it was itchy.

Was very cool and super nice to everyone.

Loved when he sang "Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World".










Ramiele~

Absolutely adorable, beautiful girl :)

She's tee~niny...I wanted to put her in my pocket.

Delaney liked that she wrote "To Delaney" above her signature.

I don't think she got enough credit...that girl can SING*!*











Syesha~

Another natural beauty.

{I dream of legs like hers...*sigh*}

Very sweet.

That girl can hold a note~I was surprised she didn't pass out a few times.












I really wish we could have met Carly (who totally almost makes me want to get a tattoo) and Michael Johns (who kicked serious tush at the show).


We did get to meet one more of course...


*



*



*



*



*



*



*



*



*



*






He was very nice and played around with Delaney about signing her book (it was obvious she was a bit nervous I guess). He talked to EVERY person and was just as personable as you hear. It's hard to tell on TV but the boy is red headish~such a cutie pie. He of course did a fantastic job at the show...it'll be nice to hear his music later this year. Hmmmm... He and Delaney seem to have the same shaped eyes and nose. Isn't that peculiar.....................?

BTW...he was totally touching my bum.


(Holy poo...that photo makes me realize that I do need to sleep every once and a while...sheesh.)

24 comments:

Lucy Filet said...

You and Delaney are beautiful!

So glad you had loads of fun there!

You should never let gnomes drive. If they insist, you must lock them in the trunk. Unless you drive a minivan. Then you're screwed.

Kelly said...

when Delaney made that comment about being able to see everything, I about cried. Kids just see the world differently than us don't they. Love the pics, you know you're making a mini book out of that right????

Anonymous said...

So, how did the gnome reach the pedals?

(I can't believe you got pictures with David Cook. He's totally effing hot.)

Kat said...

Holy crap! I can't believe you got pictures with all of them!!! How cool is that???

Beth said...

Okay I'm so jealous you got to meet them all...especially David Cook! My sister calls him her future husband so she might be a little crazy when I show her this:)(especially when she finds out he was copping a feel;)

We should all look at the world through kid goggles sometimes, shouldn't we???

Damselfly said...

Wow! You are one rockin' mom!

So are they giving gnomes licenses these days? Maybe that's why I have so many gray hairs....

TJ said...

You two look great! Plus you look like you both had a great time. I can't believe you all got autographs from so many!

I was getting nervous seeing the gnome drive. Why are gnomes so scary?

Carolyn said...

Wowzer!!!
You have a photo with Mr. Cook, omg have you blown it up to poster size yet? Hey Office Max has a sale on poster size this week, really dirt cheap.
Did you stop breathing when he was so darn close? I betcha ya he hasn't stop thinking about you.
You lucky gal....Very lucky gal!Thank goodness you didn't hook up with Clay. LOL

dianna said...

"Thank goodness you didn't hook up with Clay...."

Yeah, thanks Carolyn.
I just puked in my mouth a little...

j said...

You crazy woman. I love you for those last two sentences.

Jen

Amy said...

What a great weekend! I wish I were there. Ya where was Clay? he he he

Deanna said...

Sooo glad you made it safely and such an awesome time!

I have to know... What camera did you use to shoot the concert picks? They are sooo clear!

Glenda T. said...

Wow, those pictures are great, how cool is that?? I tagged you on my blog!

Big Pissy said...

You and your daughter are just TOO cute! :)

Love how you were able to take pictures with so many of the Idols...that's so cool!

Your daughter will never forget this.

You ROCK! :)

Big Pissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele Kovack said...

AWESOME!!! I am soooo jealous!!! Great pics! Wish I had been with ya!

Shonda Little said...

That Delaney is a looker. And what a great name!

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Damn girl-you are an awesome mom/blogger/writer/photographer/song-picker/seat picker (eww, the right kind-high up and all) This was a really good post. Real life all jazzed up.

Delaney is darling!

Don't wash your tush where it was "Cooked".

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Oh, yeah, and how do you get music on your blog?

Manager Mom said...

Hee... awesome photos. I don't watch AI but it's nice to see that they still posed with fans and were generally cool.

And congrats on the butt-touchins. If I ever meet Phil Dalhausser (the volleyball gold medalist) I would hope for the same treatment!!!

JackeeG4glamorous said...

I'm with Jen: Bum squeezin is a personal choice. AHhhhhhh.
I've a list.

Anonymous said...

how awesome is that .. wow I was smiling reading all of this as if I were there too .. lol .. loved the post

Greta Adams said...

BWhahahahahaha girl.....i love your blog..and thanks for stopping by mine and saying hi...where are you from? you said east of me!!

anyway...i would die if i got a pic with all those peeps...that is very cool and i am soooo glad that delaney was happy about everything... she is such a doll....
i shall add you to my bloglines..

**muah**

{connie} said...

sounds like you had a gReat time!! what a luckY girl to have such a wonderful mommY to take her to an amaZing concert!!! glad you all made it there and back safely. *hugs*

miss you girL!!!