Tonight, I am losing my mind.
There is a stink in my house...and I can't find it! I have spent a large part of this day trying to locate said stink...and I'm about to lose it. I have taken out the trash, put Pine Sol down the drain and garbage disposal, checked to see if the dog has gotten sick anywhere...nothing. The last time this happened, a red potato had fallen behind the bread box and my GOOD LORD...who knew a small spud could smell SOOO bad! I sniffed around that kitchen for 2 days asking Hubby, "Do you smell it over here? How about here? Do you smell it when you put your head under the table? How about this pot holder? Is it this pot holder? Smell that jar of green olives in the fridge. It's that isn't it? It's not? Go smell that box of crayons."
I was desperate...and SO relieved when we finally found that stupid potato.
This smell is in the living room. The LIVING ROOM. Did the dog get something out of the trash and hide it under the couch? No.
Did one of the kids sneak food and try to cover up the evidence? No. Is there a freaking potato shoved in the dvd player? When I last checked, no. I have looked under/turned over every piece of furniture, looked in every cabinet door, pulled out every drawer and nothing. I talked to my Mom this evening at at the end of the conversation I hear my Dad yell in the background, "There's probably a dead bird in the attic. Most likely just rotting up there right by one of your ac vents."
I think I'm going to check the dvd player again : /
4 comments:
My cat once killed a mouse in the basement, but I could not find it anywhere. But, dang could I smell it.
Oh I hope you find it quickly!!! We had a few potatoes rot, and it took me forever to figure it out. They were in my cupboard but not where I could see.
only thing worse than hidden potato rot smell is hidden ONION rotting smell. EWWWWW, much like cat litter box smell without said cat.
check your vacumme cleaner bag/container, also check your heat vents, and vacumme them out. and HOUSEplants get a moldy dirt or equally nasty smell if roots are rotting.
by all my suggestions you'd think I lived like an episode of HOARDERS, but alas, um, no. I am pretty fairly clean and tidy! I just hate that random SMELL.
Potatoes clicked in my mind as I began reading but clearly, you ruled that out. I'm hoping you found the source by now and that they didn't carry you away screaming, "WHAT IS THAT SMELL!?!"
Post a Comment