Saturday, April 5, 2008

I'm not dead (I think)

Holy cripies , for cripies sake, what the cripe...
Wow...where the cripe did I go? Cripe cripe cripe....just sounds like a great cuss word but really isn't ya know? Sometimes, if you say it with just the right amount of umph, people actually think you did cuss...which isn't always good with children around...because they repeat things. (What the cripe was all of that?)

As my Mom would say...I think the cheese has slipped off my cracker...and I agree. Part of the reason is this little angel baby here.<--------
The Good Lord above is testing me...my patience, my sanity, my self control, my ability to to punish a 2yr old without cracking up (and THAT my friends is a tough one...she is freaking HILARIOUS!)... I know I will look back on these years and laugh. Don't get me wrong, I do laugh...it's just that insane I-want-to-put-a-plastic-fork-in-my-eye-to-relieve-the-crazy-mom-stress kind of laugh. It usually scares people.


Lately when we go out in public, I get either the "Oh-that-poor
woman" look, or the "That-lady-needs-to-take-control-of-her-kid" look. Oh...my all time FAVORITE is the one from young couples and single adults...the ever annoying "My-kid-will-never-act-like-that" look. Yeah toots, call me about 18 months after you push out a little sweetie of your own and we'll talk. (yikes...that sounded a little angry...sorry) Yep, my Mallory is kicking my butt right now...this shirt Hubby found for her says it all:


So now I'm behind on just about everything.
Anywhoooo, here are some photos I've been meaning to post...


The ever awesome Aunt Molly spoiled her Goddaughter (and us) again on St Patrick's Day. She makes the BEST D*mn peanut butter cookies EVER and sent Delaney (us) some along w/ some St Patty's fun too. Here's the note she sent (we say "as big as your head" around here a lot. Something my Neice started saying when she was little) and a photo of one of the said cookies...they were freaking awesome.....YUMMY*!*




You Rock Aunt Molly*!*














On to Easter! I'm a horrible Mom for not taking a photo of my girls together in their Sunday best but Mallory had scratched her Sister in the face leaving a B-U-tiful mark and Mallory fell on her face outside the day before and had a matching mark like her Sis (SOO figures). Gotta get a pic of my beauties in their dresses before it gets too darn hot...and it's a comming quick~YUCK! (We already have the air on if you can believe that)

"Freddie's Easter Beer Mug"



My Mom gives up beer for Lent every year and on Easter Sunday morning, well....she plays catch up. My Sis and Bro-in-Law got this huge mug for Mom a few years ago (just had to put it next to a 2-liter to show how massive the darn thing is). I still promise my family is normal...
















Does anyone else think that this is just plain WRONG?-------->













On a different (normal-Hubby's side of the family) Easter note, these eggs were blown out and hand painted and decorated by Hubby's Great Yia-Yia. I was fortunate to have met her but had no idea that she was so crafty. Aren't they beautiful?






After Easter came Delaney's Spring Break and a visit from my FAVORITE Aunt on the planet~Aunt Cindy. We got to see her, my Uncle, and my Sweetie cousin and her beau. It was so nice...I miss them so much it hurts sometimes...*sniff*


After a glorious day of *junking* (just the girls) and finding some wonderful treasures, we met up with the rest of the famn damily for dinner. The only way my Aunt and Uncle were going to see my crazy little Bro (the Jesus thief) was for us to go eat dinner at the neat little place he works. I have to kind of set the scene here so no one gets the wrong idea about this place...It's a little beach community right down the road where everyone knows everyone (a lot of folks grew up right there). There is a boat ramp behind this place and it surprises no one to see folks walk in covered in salt water and sand. Flip flops are an almost must, and pink sun kissed cheeks are a given. Happy, laid back, easy going beach folks, good food, excellent music...it is neat little spot for sure. They serve food until 9:00pm, after which the place is considered a bar, anyone under 21 is outta there, and smoking is then allowed so... needless to say, we're usually long gone by then.

This guy just KILLED me*!* The band consisted of 3 guys...the other 2 were clean cut and just didn't fit with this guy at all! But he was super nice, asking the kids if they wanted to play the guitar, request a song, or sing...they thought he was soooo cool!...
And he was...check out his holster~um yeah (I like the tie-on strap for added stability...tee hee :)...it was only 8:15 I swear...Anywhooo, we pigged out, the kids danced, we took some pics and enjoyed each other's company. What a fun day*!*








Those d*mn olives kept that child occupied for almost an hour...


I bought 3 jars yesterday...








What? An actual crafty project...holy cow!

I made this frame for Molly's little sweetie Maisie (Mae). I just love it~Bazzill Bling paper, the Cuttlebug, and some buttons (the frame is JoAnn's brand). Easy, fun, and SO pretty...I love love love it~Molly did too and that makes me a *happy* girl.






























Gotta get to bed...I've recently discovered that my body likes me tons better when I get more that 3 hours sleep...






OH...here's the lucky DAME:


Congrats Miss Shirley...whew...glad it was you. I didn't need your super skilled black belt self kicking my tush*!*

Have a great weekend all*!*

***Mr Weatherman? That rain you promised all week...you saved it for this weekend....really?***

18 comments:

elizabeth rosemond said...

OK, you have to share where your hubby got that fantastic shirt! I have a 4 week old, and I think she needs one :)

Lucy Filet said...

Ooh, I'm excited to have you back and I'll have more scary drag queens for you...just wait bwahahahahaaha!

Kelly said...

That blog post was worth waiting for. I was cracking up. Miss Mal and Aiden would make a perfect couple for sure!! LOVE that frame, you did good.
Your mom's beer mug is hilarious. My parents will get a kick out of that!!

Carolyn said...

OMG ... An Update! Wahoo & a Yippee!

Kidding (not) but it's the polite thing to say. LOL Girl can you get any funnier. I am laughing out loud in my room and people out in the other room are going to start thinking that I have lost it completely now. LOL I have missed seeing your post, but you have made up for it in this one. So sorry your are getting your butt kicked by a 2 yr. old. but they do have their way of doing that. Hopefully things will calm down soon, but it's probably a 50/50 chance there, some child are just put on this earth to give us a run for our money, but that isn't saying yours is one of those, but again there is that 50/50 chance. {are you ready to slap me yet?} only trying to make you laugh here, hopefully it is working. Seriously I do hope things settle down for you and you can come out and play a bit more on your blog.

Lisa said...

OMG! Thank you so much the laugh today. Your little one reminds me of my daughter who is now 19 and I get her back by telling stories about her to her boyfriend. She is an only child because I knew I couldn't handle another one like her! Seriously she finally turned into a real person at about 4, so you have hope.

j said...

How FUN! Sounds like your brother has a pretty laid back and cool job. This was a cool catch up post - lots of pics and info!

I have no encouraging words for you and your daughter. None. If I managed to let my three continue living in my home with all of the fighting that they are doing they'll be lucky. TURKEYS all of them.

And yeah, that was a pretty.....rabbit like bunny. You know the old saying...

Jennifer

Shirley Pando said...

So I guess I won!!! It just shows you how far behind I am...I havent' even been checking your blog. My computer died and I had to get a new one and transfer all my data and faves, etc. All is well now. I am so excited I won...you can email me at shirleypando@earthlink.net and I will give you my addy!! Thanks so much!! :D

Elizabeth Bracco said...

Diana ~ You are soooo funny!! My 3 yr old dd sounds just like your 2 yr old. Being a SAHM I am exhausted after chasing, dancing, cleaning, more dancing, playing, etc. all day. Oh yeah, and then trying to craft with little hands constantly scanning the countertop like a little shark. :) How many time have I chased her when she grabs one of my copic markers and acting just like she grabbed a knife. CRAZY!! Thanks for letting me know I am not alone. :)

Jana said...

You are too funny. I am loving your mom's mug. That frame is stinking adorable. I am sooooo copying that one. Your two year old sounds great. Send her my way when you get sick of her. My baby is 8, and I already miss those lovely "2"'s. Not to scare you or anything, but mine were WAY worse at 3. Just thought you should know. tee hee hee.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

I don't even know where to start this post has so much fabulousness.

redmom said...

You totally cracked me up!! And I can totally relate to the looks, been there, still there at times and mine is 5!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Are you in Alabama? The guy in the band looked like somebody who used to play at Gulfgate Lodge in Orange Beach about 30 years ago. Oh, I'm dating myself now.

I love visiting you. You make me smile.

I've missed your posts. This one made up for the quiet.

Don't wait so long next time.

Cookie Sunshine.

ps...I'm waiting to see more great journal pages

Hugs

Colors of Me said...

thank you for the laugh - i needed that LOL!! she is so darn cute!!! and i have 5 wonderful children, so i know exactly how you feel LOL!!! i was feeling that way when i took my DD prom dress shopping lol!! those cookies look sooo yummy!!! and that frame is beautiful!!

RobinDiane said...

She lives!!!! I can totally relate to being tested by children. My Addie has been testing me all weekend. AGH. I hate having to repeat myself..then finally when I yell she looks at me like you talking to me?? What gives? And I hate having to yell or raise my voice because then I feel like bad mamma. YOu know what I mean.

Amy said...

oh gosh...I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has been dead to blog land...I have so missed you! Thanks for the wonderful post and all the great pictures!

Melissa said...

yes we all have those "testing" moments...you know...where you swear that will be you last child. I know I have threten Lucy with being an only child if she continues. :)

Mrs Pretzel said...

OH MAN!! I need to make it over here more often!! lol Thank you so much for loving my :::TREASURES::: as much as I do!! lol

Teasel said...

Hi! You have the BEST blog I've read--woo hoo! oh, you asked for my email address but I'm guessing it's too late since I didn't know I'd have to APPROVE comments before they were published. geesh. Anyhoo, thanks for visiting my blog and come back soon.

by the way, I also like your music and I usually CRINGE when music starts up--

email: niobe55@gmail.com