So here's that mini book I made Kel for her birthday. We had 24 hours together in St Louis back in November and I decided that it would be the perfect opportunity to make a mini book. It was my first time doing something like this and I just loved doing it,
Hubby should be getting home soon from his out of town meeting...He was only gone for 3 days but y'all, it felt like a hell of a lot more. Holy crap, I'm exhausted (sorry, I've got Kahlua in my coffee tee hee hee! It's past 9:00, the girls are asleep in bed...don't judge me ;) Delaney knew I was feeling a bit rough tonight and as I was snuggling with her in bed she brought up something she knew would make me laugh:
My Mom has a Nativity set, one she's had for 35 years. Well, some time ago, Baby Jesus became dislodged from His little straw bed...so He kind of just lays on top of it, not in it. Well, my little Brother Brian since about middle school (he's now 30) likes to liven up the Holidays by playing "find Baby Jesus". I cannot even describe to you how d*mn funny this little tradition can be. I have only two photos I can find right now but I assure you, there MANY more photos and even some video. These photos are not close to being as funny as some of the others.
Even Baby Jesus digs a cool set of wheels. Trying to hold in laughter as Baby J. rolled across the floor in the Spiderman jet ski was near impossible. That darn thing hit the back of Mom's heels and we all exploded! My brother does it mainly to push Mom's buttons (and boy is he good at it) and even she (the ex-nun remember) can't help but to crack a smile while she's trying to yell at him.
It took all of us way too long to find Him here...not my Bro's finest work, but we were all amazed how long it took us to find Him.
It was Christmas and my Brother was now 21 so of course he was walking around with a long neck in his hand most of the day. He and Mom were on the couch having a discussion and my Brother was acting a little different than normal. He was using over exaggerated hand gestures when he spoke and holding his bottle up close to his mouth while Mom was talking. It took us a while to figure out what was going on. We whispered and giggled to each other until the whole house was aware of what was going on....except Mom. It took near forever but she shrieked "D*mn it Brian!" and we all lost it. There, the WHOLE time, perched atop of my Brother's beer bottle... was Baby Jesus.
I swear we were wiping tears for hours...still makes me laugh*!*
We are normal, I promise....
(BTW...On these last two entries I decided to load my photos that I know I want to post during the day when Blogger isn't so busy~I actually type my post late at night after kiddos are in bed. It's REALLY made a difference, they load so much faster and Blogger doesn't seem to get as grumpy. Of course this night the SPIRIT moved me to add those last two... Just a bit of advice that has seemed to help me..... Baby Jesus Rocks! ;)
17 comments:
so...you're getting yourself sauced and laughing your ass off at a wandering Baby Jesus?...I am peeing my pants right now...ok we...well my mom, has that same nativity set..not kidding..I thought it was just a Roman Catholic (we're Italian)thing....baby Jesus has been missing for like 15 years...could you check with your brother?
Girl, I am LMAO right now!! I can sooo see Brian doing that too. He cracks me up. And picturing that Spiderman jet ski hitting your moms heels, hee hee hee. It makes me miss your family all the more.
The pictures of the book you did for me don't do it justice. It was the most PERFECT gift and it really touched me. I get it out all the time and look at it and have showed it off to everyone I know. That was such a special weekend and I hope we have the opportunity for something like that again soon. Love ya!
The mini book is wonderful...makes me want to one for grandsons highliting their sports.
And Baby Jesus....what can I say...just hilarious.
I like your Fun book. Looks great.
I finally got caught up on my Deck of Me Cards. I posted them on my blog. I love these little projects and decided for March to do one of my own. If you want to join in, let me know. I am going to give away a prize too. You can read all about it on my blog. You might have to scroll down a bit.
Okay, you really can't say you don't scrapbook because that mini book is a mini scrapbook..so girl you are BUSTED..you are a scrapbooker now..the mini book says it all!!!!
The baby Jesus story is too funny!
This is very embarassing to admit but I have watched Talladega Nights. OK? Don't you dare judge me! My favorite part of that movie is Will Ferrol (sp) praying "Dear Baby Jesus..." that whole scene SLAYS me! And how much more Christian can you get than looking for CHRIST at Christmas? Your family is A-OK! The book was great but your words were the BEST! Jennifer
Too funny! We used to do that same thing with a gnome that my husband bought in the Czech republic (very odd story about that one) until I put it too low and the kids got it and broke it.
Oh, and re:Jennifer's comment, my husband actually says that prayer at Christmas time before dinner:)
That mini book is amazing!
Ok the mini book is fabulous, love all the detail on there....
Now could start handing out paperbags before you blog post.... I need something to catch my breath with, after reading about traveling baby Jesus. I cannot stop laughing, which in turn leaves me gasping for air. LOL
Oh, you are TOO a scrapbooker - that mini book is just fabulous! I mean it - it's just wonderful. And the baby Jesus stories . . . . thanks for the laugh this morning, loved it!
Your mini book is great. Love the colors and all the action.
I also love that you are hooked. Means more eye candy for us.
Your brother is too funny. I bet even Jesus laughs at him.
ha! go baby jesus, go!
-steph
OMG!!! I am sooo LMAO at the Baby Jesus story! You brother sounds like a hoot! I feel for your poor Mom!
How can you say you are not a scrapbooker? By the looks of that mini book, you could be a scrapbook designer! Your mini album is awesome!!!
Take care of you...
thanks for dropping by my blog today. you seem to have a lot of creativity flowing here. i like your mini book. i'll be back for some more creative inspiration.
you might need to glue that baby jesus down! just kidding. if that happened in my house we would probably be improvising with a little green army guy or something! take care!
your mini book is simply amazing! so cute :]
love, love, LOVE this mini book!!! You can say that you are not a scrapbooker all you want, but your artistry says differently. ;)
LMAO about the baby Jesus...so fun! smiles...
Love the mini book you did...you are VERY talented!!
That is such a great book you made for Kel - shes a lucky gal. Love the bright colors you used!
xo
jeanne
Post a Comment