Monday, November 10, 2008

Girls weekend: part 2


Day 2:
I got up early so I could be picked up by my girl Molly who lives in Forrest Park. We've been friends since high school and are Godparents to each other's children sooooo pretty much she is awesome. <<<<<----This is Hank, my Godson*!* Isn't he a babe? (Mallory calls him "Hunk" tee hee). I don't get to see him very often but he made his Aunt Nana feel great when he loved, hugged, and smootched all over me. I was glad because I was going to need to save up until next time I visited. Come on, that shirt is hilarious right? Molly said that she couldn't believe how many people just didn't *get* it. Maybe we're just old Mol*!*

This--->>>>> is Maisie, and I got to meet her for the first time this trip. She's a pretty sassy girl thus far (that's my girl*!*) and has the knack at an impressive 15 months of repeating what you say...no matter how hard the word. What a cutie tootie funny girl she is~I miss both of those little buggers*!*

I just love this one of us*!*

I giggled like a middle schooler over this sign...I was over tired ok?





Molly dropped me back off with the girls after a quick bite and lovely visit. First stop: Macy's.
I'm sure we were pretty close to getting politely talked to after trying on darn near every hat and taking a load of pictures. Who cares?
It was too fun*!* (And holy cr*p I look prego in that pic...and I am SO NOT...YIKES*!*)






Good Lord I miss fall colors...they were just beautiful.







Something else I miss...soft, GREEN grass. If it wasn't so darn cold, I would have taken my shoes off and walked around in it. *sigh*






A D D alert:
These are the shoes I had on. Sooo cute and insanely comfortable...it was nuts I tell you*!* I wore them all day Thursday (huffing around the airport and the mall), all day Saturday walking around Chicago, and even trick-or-treating with the kids (a LOT of trick-or-treating with the kids) on Halloween. They feel great~it makes no sense. They are made by Candies...just FYI.


Annndddd I was talking abooouuuuutttt.....

Oh yes, Chicago*!*




This little guy cracked us up. I gotta say, everyone was super impressed. He was studying what his daddy was doing and concentrating so hard to copy him exactly...and doing a GREAT job*!* We wanted to take that little guy home...such a cutie : )





Ahhh.....

The Bean*!*















Two very tired best buds...





We headed back to the hotel to get ready for another fun night out. And we needed transportation sooooo...we took a Hummer limo of course*!* Thanks to Julie for using her city savy to get us a pretty d*mn good deal...and giving me the chance to swipe a sweet smelling tree air freshner....that smelled like coconut...wth?

Thanks to Molly for sending along her AWESOME peanut butter cookies to tide us over until we got here:










Oh the fun had just begun*!*

There is a long, ridiculous story that should be inserted here that involves gross old guys, securtiy guards, perky chests (NOT ours), and lots of...*ahem*...merriment but I haven't the energy. It was super fun, I'll leave it at that.

--->>>>Best waiter (and protector of Mommies) EVER---->>>>>>>>>>>

Wow*!* We look.....ummmm....happy : )

I wish we had had one more day. We didn't get to see The Museum of Art or many other touristy things...next trip for sure : ) I am convinced that these kinds of girl getaways are a necessity. All moms need a break every once and a while...NEED IT...if it's been a while since you've had some girls' time away, make plans. It's almost therapeutic. I was hanging out with my best bud and some really great, beautiful, fun, hilarious girls. You wouldn't have to ask me twice to do it again. Thanks ladies for the awesome, giggly, giddy, stupid, ridiculous, yummy, delirious, hilarious, fun time. It's on my top 10 most-fun-I've-ever-had list...Kelly, Jennifer, Julie, and Erica, thanks for being a part of it...

<<<<<----Oh, and we did....

Until next time ladies:

May all of your pillows be filled with lightning and all of your dreams filled with angels ; )

20 comments:

Lucy Filet said...

That looks super fun! And I'm so jealous!

Casii said...

I have those shoes!!!!!! (knew I liked your stylish self)

What a great time you all had. Most def, girls only weekends are the best medicine on occasion.

Anonymous said...

I totally have shoe envy now.

Cheffie-Mom said...

What a great post! "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!" Love the pictures!

Big Pissy said...

Woooooooowwwwwwww!

Y'all know how to have fun! :)

Kelly said...

Awesome awesome!! You have great pics. Have you uploaded them to the joint picasa account yet/? I"m going to try today.

Kat said...

I WANT THOSE SHOES!!!!! ACK!!!!

Holy hot mommies ALERT! Wow! You are all a bunch of hotness! Woohoo!

I am so jealous. I want a girlie weekend. Or even a night out! ;)

And yes. Love the t-shirt. Preschool instead of College. hehe

Kelly said...

Di, where did you see that Naked sign?? I don't remember seeing it. That is so hilarious.

Kat-you'll have to drive down to Chicago next time to meet up with us!

Glenda T. said...

Can I just say how jealous (but in a good way) I am of your girls weekend?? I'm glad you had so much fun and those shoes rock!! I'm not a heels gal but if I were I'd sport those babies around town!

CFC Flames '04 said...

Ok...it's official....next time I'm coming too! :)

Kellan said...

You guys had toooo much fun!! Great photos you took and those shoes are darling!

Take care - Kellan

Damselfly said...

So jealous! Sounds fab! You are cute and do so not look pregnant.

Where in the world did you see that Naked sign? I love it.

Amy said...

I'm pretty sure I need those shoes!! Loved seeing all those pics of your trip..next time you're not leaving me behind in St Louis...;-)

Sandra Carvalho said...

I loved the shoes!
Great set of pics and what an awesome post!
Looks like loads of fun!
Take care.
xo

Jana said...

I am so going on your next adventure. And I am wearing your shoes.

JackeeG4glamorous said...

I am weeping with envy.

Jeanne said...

Fun Fun time and that pictur of the 'Bean' is freakin' awesome. I'd love to get to out there just for that.

TJ said...

Ooooh I love the shoes! I want a pair now! And the naked sign is great.

Greta Adams said...

chi town is the BEST...i loved the bean...and that wall next to it....
did they have it on..i called it the spitting wall??

and that naked sign...OH MY i am in tears....that is sooooo funny

j said...

I am A.M.A.Z.E.D. that you wore heels all day like that for two days. It has to be that you are not putting that much weight on your feet (you svelt chick). Cause I would be dying if I had worn shoes like that for two day.

I am going to have foot stamina like you when I grow up.