Let me tell you, walking through Archivers with that girl was amazing...she knows everything about everything. She either has it, wants it, knows all about it, or has used it. She is quite the authority on all things crafty.
That's Kel taking pics... I was busy taking pics of the other people around me so when the camera was found next to my body, at least they could narrow down the suspects.

But wow~this time I could drink beer*!* (never thought THAT would happen!)

Would you look at those prices?!? (and those were the cheap shirts!) I never paid more that $20 for a concert t-shirt ever. And people were buying stacks of them (where the h*ll are you going to wear a New Kids t-shirt...really?)....my ticket and photos are enough for me thank you*!*
Check out the girls guzzling to the left of Erica and the 80's dressed gals right behind her...there were LOTS of both going on. NO joke, one girl made a skirt out of her NKOTB bed sheets...I couldn't stop laughing long enough to take a pic. There was entertainment everywhere. Yes, Erica is excited...there is a similar (but worse) photo of me floating around too...I'm not ashamed (anymore;).We had a blast and this concert was much more of a show than the ones we had seen years ago. The guys interjected a bit of nostalgia for us...like this signature move (they only did it twice):
All of the dances were completely changed other than that. It was a nice blend of the old stuff and their new album. They have grown up (they made that QUITE apparent) and so has the music...I must say that the new stuff makes me squirm a bit (just a bit suggestive for my taste).

More nostalgia~gotta love an old video.
Only a fan could pick out the nostalgia in this photo.

They popped up on this rotating platform about 20 yards from us (yippee!). My boy was Joe, there in the middle.
Ahhh, another blast from the past: Donnie in his underwear....again.

Awwww.......
The end....right*!* The infamous 2 encores were coming...
sad fact: I knew exactly which 2 songs they hadn't sung yet...
End of 1st encore (I was right about the song btw...wow, I'm acting proud hu?)
End of 2nd encore (I was right again...I am sick and sad).
Bye bye Boston boys...don't know if we'll see you again :(

If we're crazy, then we weren't alone....
That was just plain fun*!* We acted like teeny boppers again and had such absolute fun fun fun. We were just instantly brought back to simpler times, before responsibilities, jobs, mortgages, etc...It was a wonderful start to our (way too short) girl's weekend.
Thanks Kel for putting it all together~Love ya*!*
This is us waiting in the freezing rain for the shuttle to take us back to the...you guessed it, the train. Turns out it's much easier to handle after beer ;)
Part 2 next time.
Gotta catch up on blogs...





18 comments:
You must be a great actress because I had no idea you were freaked out by the train. It was definitely an experience wasn't it??
The prices were crazy. I knew I was really thirsty when I willingly payed $4.75 for a cup of water!
That was the best weekend ever even if it gave me this damn cold that I can't gid rid of. 7 days from today I'll be seeing our boys again!
I'm going to say it really fast and then duck... I have NO idea any of the songs that they sang and I don't know the signature moves or who they are - except that Mark Walberg came from this group.
*ducking*
answer to your obvious question... I don't know where I was.
SO glad that you had fun. The pictures are great!
Jennifer
Jennifer
Jennifer...
Mark Wahlberg did not come from this group (his brother did) ...but I'll let that slide ;)
ROFLMAO...and MARK IS WAAAAY CUTER THAN DONNIE>>>!!!
I missed this post...sorry been working like a mad woman trying to make Christmas money, Rob's surgery, oh and I need hearing aids...LOL...you and Kel are seriously babelicious..I don't think it's good for my ego to be seen in proximity to you two...you both sparkle...great pics..which reaffirms my need to get my hands on your camera...or you to follow me around and record my life...got to go time to prop up Rob's boy's again..;-)
OMG, you are so lucky!! That looks like you had a totally awesome time!! And I would be scared to get on that train too, I always think bad things are going to happen!! haha You are so brave! The pics you took are amazing too!!
Hi there Diana!
I came over Kelly's blog.It looks like you girls had a blast!
OMG!How I envy you! LOL!
I LOVE NKOTB!
Gosh!I wish I had a chance to go to one of their concerts!
Take care.
~Sandra~
Talk about a blast from the past! NKOTB were the only thing we talked about in school, we decorated our lockers with them, covered our books with them, wrote our names next to theirs with lots of hearts....
Sounds like fun, especially being able to drink beer!
Kelly suggested I read your blog about Chicago.
I just went to Chicago on the train with my three boys, we also took a bus and a taxi while we were there. Standing on the street surrounded by bums and such was a bit creepy but my boys had a blast! I won't do it again without Daddy though!
I never got to hear New Kids before my parents didn't allow me to. :( Looks like you had a great time though.
I know all you girls and I'm so jealous you got to spend that time together and go to the concert - what fun!!!!! You are a cute group of girls too!
Take care - Kellan
Well wholley crap! You truly were missing, shoot your were having a kick'in time traveling, and I had no idea that was you in the photo with Amy, when I seen the photo on Amy's blog.
Girl you had a very sweet trip! I just wish I could say that 20 yrs. ago I was 13. LOL I could only wish that one.
Miss the drunk'n gnome in those photos.
That looks like a lot of fun! I've never done a girls' weekend or anything like that.
And I was one of the few who did not like NKOTB back in the day, but gosh I remember the obsessed fans that were teenage girls!
You girls had one heck of a weekend-glad it all came to be. Glad we could see you even for those short hectic minutes-dinner here is not the most calming experience! nor the quietest.....
Wow!
Looks like so much fun! :)
That is way freakin' awesome you got to see NKOTB. Looks like an amazing time.
It looks like a lot of fun. WOW, beer and New Kids. Doesn't sound bad when you add the beer.
I don't know if you remember me or not, but I'm Kelly's cousin Jessi. It's because of Kelly that I became a huge NKOTB fan, and I'm going to their concert here in Kansas City on Tuesday. I'm sooooo excited!!!!
hey chickie..make sure you stop by today and this week...I'm giving crap away!!
OK, you are the second mom blogger I've read today posting about going to a NKOTB concert. Do you know the blogger called lifelong playdate?!
Post a Comment