It has been a while I know.
I'm not sure exactly what it is that holds me back from coming over to blogland to play but I do know that I miss it. I miss the friends I've made here (who probably think I've gone "off paper" and am living in the mountains somewhere wearing camo) and I miss knowing what goes on in their lives. I'm sure there are people who don't come by anymore...I hate that. I hope to get back in the swing and spend some time catching up with everyone.
I was hoping a day of taking photos yesterday would get me inspired but I don't know...I think I just need to get away from the house some. I tried to do a little *Day In the Life* thing like I did before here. I need to practice some more on the new camera I believe. Something isn't quite clicking with me. ANYWAY...there were some neat little discoveries and some wonderful everyday-ness that made me SMILE!
Some things are wonderfully the same everyday.
Same silly face wakes us up.
Same big sister wake up call (that is usually NOT appreciated!).
Same beautiful glow from the living room sheers.
Same little-bit-left-on-the-plate every morning.
Same sweet dog following the sunny spot across the floor.
It has been too cold for my geranium so he's inside with us for a while. I like him being inside because the pot and plant are so bright and cheery : )
Ahhh, nothing like being serenaded by a blinged out 4yr old in the morning. This morning it was "...nodding my head like yeah...moving my hips like yeah..." Can you see the beautiful eyelashes on that kid?

Holy moly! We finally found Baby Jesus!
We use our Little People Nativity set at Christmas and could not find him to save our lives...He was hiding in the girls' dress up trunk. Although his adventure was nothing like the Baby Jesus that lives at my Mom's house , we can't help but wondering what he was doing in there. By the way, my Mom glued her Baby Jesus down to his little manger this year. I was crushed. I know you are too.
Mallory thought the family needed to be reunited right away.
I smiled every time I looked over and saw Hubby's suitcase. I hate when he has to out of town but we love it so much when he's home.
Lunch in the fort with creepy Barbie.
We needed some sunshine. Remember what it felt like to swing with your face to the sky? Feels like flying. If you wear your bling while swinging, you're flying first class baby.

Chalk in the clubhouse is harmless but I think she feels bad when she does it...which is probably why she likes it so much.
Delaney's graffiti.

Sissy must be home!
(Just a note, that is what it looks like when a 4yr old dresses herself. When you have a strong willed girl like I do, letting them dress themselves when you know you aren't going anywhere makes them feel BIG and makes it easier when you say "It's Mommy's turn to pick your clothes." You save that for those occasions when you want them to...I don't know...match.
Towards the beginning of '09, I had gotten a beautiful tulip basket as a get-well gift. After it died and the bulbs turned into mush, I threw them and the bio-degradable *pot* they came in the corner of the yard. I looked in that direction yesterday and saw beautiful bright green. Well, as you can see, the bulbs were just fine and they are making a come back! It has been freezing here a couple of nights in a row and during this last year, I most certainly hadn't done anything to take care of them in any way. (I couldn't re pot them fast enough!) It makes me smile and it is sort of inspiring in a way. I had gotten them initially during what was a very difficult time for me, so the beautiful come back they've made means a little something special...
I did NOT miss homework over Christmas break! (She didn't either)
She looks so old there...dear God that girl is beautiful.
Delaney had a rough day at school so we had a snack served in my Grandma Jeanne's crystal, with her handmade tablecloth and doilies. It made them feel special (I'm not kidding y'all...it's the little things...) and I KNOW my Grandma was smiling down at them and loving every minute of it!

Winding down before dinner.
My Hubby is the best Daddy to his girls!
Yes, he is playing Barbies with Mal, but please note that he is holding the Ken doll...no man points lost.
Typical school day. Nothing special. BUT I am going to want to remember this someday...















7 comments:
Who are you kidding? This kind of day IS what makes life so very special. You have documented it perfectly. I giggled with the four year old dressing herself. I still check my girls' outfits: Does it cover everything that needs to be covered? AND Is it weather appropriate? 2 Yes answers mean they get out the door.
Looking forward to reading/seeing more.
I SO miss seeing all of the pictures. Yep, years from now, we will remember all the big events and other special memories but it's these ordinary days that will be hard to remember so it's a great idea to document it. It did make me miss your girls so much though!!! I had to LOL at Creepie Barbie. Where in the world did you find one so big??
I so loved all the new pictures and commentary...welcome back to Blogland Dianna
*tears* Yes, my dear, you will miss these days, these normal days, someday, and someday is nearer than you think.
Um, yeah, that Barbie is creepy.
Hi I found you through a search for deck of me challenge. I have started a group called healing art.
http://healingart.ning.com/
Melinda told me of your challenge and we were thinking of doing something like it. I would like to invite you to be a part of it.
This is a new group and have not invited may people yet. I would love to have your approval or help with this.
Thank you Grammy
Glad you're back...don't make us wait too long for another post, please:) Love the pics! And yes, that Barbie is pretty creepy.
i have been laying low myself...just haven't felt like the work of blogging....but i'm back and i am still here...altough i do have some catching up to do on your blog...
i am sure i lost readers to but oh well :)
xo
g
Post a Comment