SO glad it's finally done!
(try to picture her green headboard in this photo too ; )
I put the branches up a few months ago to make sure I'd like something up there and more importantly, to make sure Mal wouldn't be spooked by something hanging over her bed.
I ended up adding some leaves to fill in a few blank spaces...
I just love how colorful it is : )
I have an issue with balance so getting every flower and leaf it just the right spot had me a little on the crazed side. Would I do something like snap off branches and glue them where I needed them in order to achieve said balance? Why yes. Yes I would.
And I did ; )
(I just noticed that in that 1st photo I didn't move the green owl on Mal's bed after she played with it. It is driving me nuts...I want to move it 5 inches to the right. Geez...)
She said, "Mommy, there are too many flowers up there."
She's probably right, but I like it...and she says she likes looking at them.
Mal's last day of school is tomorrow...it feels like she just started!
It's going to be hard to say goodbye to all of her friends and both of her fabulous teachers...poor thing has had bad dreams (the crying and yelling out loud kind) about being in a classroom, looking up and not seeing anyone she knows. She wants everything to stay the same.
Sometimes I want that too...




9 comments:
That is just adorable....and just the right amount of flowers. I've always loved her bedroom. You know I adore that bedding and owls. Great job! The green headboard will be the perfect finishing touch.
I love that bedroom-so cute and so restful....you sure have a talent!
SOOO cute!!! For some reason, I did not realize you were going to glue the flowers to the branches. I thought you'd stick them to the fabric...shows you how artistic I am!
You must LOVE having this up and looking so pretty. Not to pressure you, but I want to see the headboard, NOW!
I love the pics of Mal on her bed. Adorable owls, too!
um, hello! cutest room ever :) really love that branch with the flowers!!
anyway, i saw you comment on another blog and said - huh, her name is Dianna with 2 n's, so I must visit ;) you must be super cool! hehe
~Dianna~
LOVE this!! It's so CUTE!!
It looks perfect!!!! I love it! And I don't think there are too many flowers at all.
I know what you mean about balance. I am the same way. If you cross your eyes while looking at it it will show you any bald spots. I don't think you have any. You did a GREAT job!
Beautiful!!!
It looks like a professional decorator did the room! It is awesome and creative! Very very lovely.
That is the cutest room ever! The owls and bed and decorations and well... just everything is completely awesome!!!!
I want to share the room with Mal. I LOVE those owls, and the tree branch covered with fabric flowers is too cool. Everything in her room is gorgeous. Do you think she'll mind me moving in with her?
Post a Comment