Friday, August 6, 2010

A special discovery!


Talking about the little brown bird figurine in the previous post, reminded me about the discovery I made a few days prior to Delaney's party. This is another little something I wanted from my Grandma's. This pillow was the #1 thing that reminds me of her house in Illinois. I love it, mainly because she made it.




It has a zipper in the back which I was leery of undoing for fear of what was inside. The pillow had seen better days and I could tell the filler was broken down and it would be quite dusty but I knew I wanted to clean it up and slip in a new form.




Well, when I unzipped it, I found this:















I was SO excited! It's stitched all the way around so I'll have to find someone who can safely take the seam out and re-stuff it for me. (I'm thinking about adding a green covered button to the middle too). I can't wait to call my Aunt to find out the story behind this pillow and the different fabrics used to make it.
Happy discovery...happy me*!*

6 comments:

Jill Wellington said...

Hi Di!! I'm checking in from the Grand Hotel. Actually, hubby forgot his phone cord, so I'm recharging his phone with the hotel computer.

So happy to find your new post so I have something to read. Lovin' these stories about Grandma's special things.

I volunteer to fix up the pillow for you and add a green button! Grandma was GOOD with embroidery...a very special pillow!

Kelly said...

I remember seeing that pillow! Love what's underneath too. Reminds me of a quilt have from a great grandma.

Amy said...

Love both of those! and I feel like I haven't seen you in forever..thanks for stopping by..Loving all your photos..your girls are so adorable!

j said...

That was a fabulous find!! I would have been excited too. Love the bird pillow as well.

Kat said...

Oh how fun! That is a treasure! :)

Jana said...

What a wonderful find. See if your re-stuffer could put a zipper in for you. Just a thought.